Jim Fessenden is a partner in the San Diego office of Fisher Phillips. He represents employers in all aspects of employment law with a particular focus on employment litigation.
Sessions for James Fessenden
Tip Management Best Practices (and Landmines) Every Operator Should KnowLocation: Cortez D
Your restaurant’s tip management policy has major implications — from employee satisfaction to compliance issues to your bottom line. In this session, our panelists will share best practices for developing an efficient, legal, and scalable tip distribution policy that sets you up for success in 2024 — and makes for happier employees, too. The discussion will cover:
- Common tip distribution methods
- The benefits of tip pooling and sharing (and the risks of getting it "wrong")
- What your employees really think about your tip distribution policy
- Considerations around “going cashless"
- Leveraging technology to optimize your processes
Fisher & Phillips LLP