Chip Klose is a NYC-based restaurant coach, as well as the host of the Restaurant Strategy podcast. He has an MBA in Food Marketing from Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) and is the author of the upcoming book, The Restaurant Marketing Mindset.
Sessions for Chip Klose
Tip Management Best Practices (and Landmines) Every Operator Should KnowLocation: Cortez D
Your restaurant’s tip management policy has major implications — from employee satisfaction to compliance issues to your bottom line. In this session, our panelists will share best practices for developing an efficient, legal, and scalable tip distribution policy that sets you up for success in 2024 — and makes for happier employees, too. The discussion will cover:
- Common tip distribution methods
- The benefits of tip pooling and sharing (and the risks of getting it "wrong")
- What your employees really think about your tip distribution policy
- Considerations around “going cashless"
- Leveraging technology to optimize your processes